Monday, August 15, 2011

On my heart......

I have had so much on my heart lately about a million and 1 different things......my kids and my hubby, family( living 5 hrs away) , quiet time, family moving( sister), friends moving, friends who have experienced losing a child......the list goes on and on..... Here is a verse that really stood out to me I read from another blog.

There is a time for everything.......a time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance...... Ecclesiastes 3:4

It really made me think about what is truly important in our lives and how there is a time for everything. God is so powerful and is ALWAYS our constant. I just have to remember to be faithful to him on a DAILY basis. I struggle with many things, but my problems tend to be so small when I look at the big picture. A tantrum seems so difficult at the time, but when I step back and regroup (give it to God) I see things in an entirely different way. I need to remain faithful to him and teach my children how Jesus wants us to be. If I handle myself in a more controlled way with Reed instead of losing my cool (which is so easy to do these days) he responds better USUALLY. I tell myself this is just a phase and if I am consistent and firm he will hopefully learn from his mistakes and be a better boy:)

My heart aches for my friends who have lost a child.....I just cannot even begin to fathum that, however GOD reminds us how good he is and he is the one who can lift our spirits and bring us joy. I pray for my friends alot. I pray especially for strength, understanding, and hope. God only gives us what we can handle......even though sometimes that is SO hard to grasp.

This is my all time FAVORITE verse in the bible:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13

I needed to share what was on my heart as I am home with my baby girl today. She has been running a fever (she is either teething or just has a little cold).

Hope everyone has a happy monday!!!

1 comment:

  1. i love those verses too jonie! :)i want you to know meredith and patrick have felt ya'lls prayers so much and they truly appreciate you all! :)

    ReplyDelete