Sunday, September 27, 2009

We miss you Pa on your birthday today!



Today would have been my Pa's 82nd birthday. He was born September 27, 1927 and passed away on March 13, 2009. He was a strong Christian man, devoted husband, a VERY hard worker, a great supporter, kind hearted, man of few words, sweet, sensitive man ....I could go on and on about him but it would be way too long of a post. Cody and I were so blessed to have Pa come visit Reed the week after he was born. My aunt drove him from El Dorado to Fayetteville to see our little bundle of joy for the first time:) Wow!!! What a special moment for us! Even though my Pa was probably in pain, he NEVER showed it. He kept a smile on his face and was a trooper through it all. I only took video of Pa and Reed during the visit. I wish I had a picture to post of them. He loved his little Reed. I wish Reed could have known Pa but one day he will meet him in Heaven. After speaking with my dad today, he said our home town church honored Pa with roses today and my dad spoke about how proud Pa would have been of my cousin Nick for being drafted by a minor league team(my Pa was a HUGE SUPPORT SYSTEM for all of the grand kids.) Dad also said how proud he would be of all 8 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. Pa loved his family and would bend over backwards for each one of us. He truly is missed by all! We wish you a happy birthday PA in heaven today:) We love you and miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment